Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Small headbands and furry hats

Maybe it is Christmas time or then just a feeling that there is plenty of things to do.
I am inspired to a certain degree (always the case when there is no time) and would love to try out various dress designs and other things. When I actually have time to do that remains a mystery. I am eagerly waiting for Christmas Holiday to begin (next week!).

As I said in my previous post I have been busy with commissions. I recently got a commission for full MSD dress set and I have visited fabric stores in order to find some suitable fabrics for it. I did do an extensive cleaning in my fabric box and put all my fabrics in the same place so they would be easy to find. There are so many and I still don't have enough!


Of course I do not feel like sewing all the time. So I wanted to make some more of the headbands. Now in smaller size as the previous ones were all for  SD/Super Gem sized. These three were made for Yo-SD/Tiny but also fit small headed MSDs.

Yesterday I finished one commissioned headband similar to the first design shown in these picture but in white / pale orange colors. So yes, these are available to be commissioned in the colors /sizes you wish for provided that I have the flowers around in that particular color / style.





The first design was sold before I had the chance to post it up in the store, but the other two similar designs will be available through the store.

Some quick pictures of the new furry hats I previously mentioned. There are three designs and they fit for heads 8-9 as well as 9-10 inch. Their insides are lined with japanese pattern fabrics. Strangely enough the animals seem to be straight out from Alice in Wonderland without me noticing it while making them. I guess it isn't very hard to figure out what is one of my favourite stories.. And certainly one of those that inspire me a lot.

Hisa made it back to me. She was having a new face-up with her twin sister Himawari ~ Both of them came back to me, Hisa home and Himawari to visit so I can take lovely twin pictures (Himawari just has to borrow someone's body.. ). They make nice models for the hats, don't you think?

I did make three hats out of the furry fabric until it ran out. However, I was left with tiny pieces and I didn't want them to go to waste. Thus I made a furry collar and an armwarmer for SD/Supergem girls. They are offered as a set. Nice for some winter themed pictures, right?

Furry bunny hat with black stitching and Furry cat hat with white stitching.

Furry mouse hat and collar + armwarmer set on Hisa
 Now I am off to update the store so that these new furry wintery items will be available. Thank you for reading!
~ Tsuki

No comments:

Post a Comment